- April 17: Application deadline for 2Q 2017 Project Support
- July 17: Application deadline for 3Q 2017 Project Support
- Oct 16: Application deadline for 4Q 2017 Project Support
Refer to guidelines to determine appropriate application cycle for your project.
Also, check out the other free workshops we offer through our OPPArt program.
Here is a PowerPoint about Project Support Project Support Presentation
Through vision and leadership, advocacy and collaboration, the Greater Columbus Arts Council (the “Arts Council”) supports art and advances the culture of the region. A catalyst for excellence and innovation, the Arts Council funds exemplary artists and arts organizations and provides programs, events and services of public value that educate and engage all audiences in our community.
This mission is satisfied by encouraging, promoting and supporting excellence in arts programming. Arts Council programming provides access to the arts for people of all cultural backgrounds, economic status, sexual orientation, age and physical ability and ensures broad public access to the arts. Providing funding for Columbus artists, and arts and cultural organizations enhances the cultural image of the Greater Columbus area. Arts and cultural organizations that maintain high standards of management and governance further support the health and vibrancy of the arts community.
Established in 1973, the Arts Council connects arts organizations and individual artists in the community with needed resources available through the City of Columbus. The programs administered by the Arts Council are designed to support a thriving creative community.
Funding decisions are made on a non-political basis through a competitive system of application and review.
We provide workshops on all our grant and service programs for organizations in addition to eBlasts through our OPPArt program that shares information, resources and opportunities that are most relevant to organizations with annual budgets under $500,000. To learn more about OPPArt and join the mailing list e-mail Alison Barret at firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure your GoArts profile contact email is up-to-date.
Our Grant Making Goals are:
- To encourage, promote, and support excellence in arts programming and ensure broad public access to the arts.
- To provide funding for Columbus artists, and arts and cultural nonprofit organizations that enhance the city’s cultural image.
- To maintain high standards of management and governance for arts and culture organizations.
- To provide support to increase the capacity of organizations to achieve their goals.
Our staff conducts workshops and consults informally on project planning, funding, evaluation and other management issues.
For additional information, please contact Grants & Services Director Alison Barret (614) 221-8406