GCAC Resources for COVID-19
The Greater Columbus Arts Council is working on behalf of artists and arts organizations to compile the most comprehensive set of COVID-19 related resources for artists and cultural organizations. This webpage includes resources and links to locally and nationally available grants, Arts Council resources and current guidance and directives from local, state and national health officials. It is designed to be a central point for artists, cultural organizations, Arts Council applicants, community members and others to stay current with this rapidly evolving situation. While these resources have been confirmed by our research, we cannot guarantee that funds are still available in the listed grant programs. Please explore any resources you may be eligible for and have the necessary documentation available. The Arts Council is closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are in direct contact with local and state health officials and will update this page as needed.
Local and national resources, grants, health information and workshops–click boxes below
GCAC Resources & Information
GCAC Operations and Events
- Is the Greater Columbus Arts Council’s office open? At this time the GCAC office has been closed until further notice. The staff will still be working from home and we will do our best to continue to deliver services to you with minimal disruption. You may still communicate with us via email. Information on any change to this situation will be available on this page or GCAC’s Facebook page.
- Is the Columbus Arts Festival still happening? As much as we desperately want to go on as planned, we recognize that we must put the health and safety of our patrons, artists, performers, vendors and sponsors first. While we will not be holding the festival this year, we look forward to working with you all once we have moved past this global crisis and making many happy memories together again June 11-13, 2021.
- What should I do if I had a meeting scheduled with a Greater Columbus Arts Council staff member? Please contact the GCAC staff member with whom you had plans to meet to make alternate arrangements.
- Please read Tom Katzenmeyer’s blog on how we will get through this together and visit our list of virtual arts experiences on ColumbusMakesArt.com.
State and National Surveys on the impact of COVID-19 on the arts
The Greater Columbus Arts Council is committed to advocating for much needed financial resources for our arts community in this challenging time. Our local, state and national lawmakers need data as they make decisions on emergency response funds and our colleagues at the state and national level are working to make sure that happens. They need our help.
- Individual Artists, please complete the survey for artists by Ohio Citizens for the Arts.
- Arts Organizations, please complete statewide Ohio Citizens for the Arts survey and the national Americans for the Arts survey to help with advocacy efforts and the state and federal levels.