Guidelines & Eligibility
The Greater Columbus Arts Council’s Community Arts Partnership Awards recognize the community’s crucial contributions to the arts. In 2020 the Arts Council will present only the Michael B. Coleman Arts Partner Award, chosen by the Board of Trustees, and take nominations from the community for a new award: The Community Arts Innovation Award.
The Arts Council is accepting nominations from the Columbus community for projects/initiatives by individuals, artist collectives, organizations and businesses creating innovative approaches to collaboration and connection during the 2020 pandemic and the protests. Anyone (organization/business or individual) can submit a nomination. (Self-nominations are not accepted). The 2020 nomination deadline is Monday, Aug. 31 at 5 p.m.
How do we define “innovation”?
For the purposes of this award, this year, an innovative arts and cultural project or initiative is one that addressed the tremendously challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or the protests resulting from social injustice by creating something that helped lift up or provide relief to others in the community.
Nominations will be reviewed and award recipients selected by the Greater Columbus Arts Council Board of Trustees.
Please carefully read the guidelines below and have all the required information prepared before submitting your nomination.
Submit your nomination. (Nominations will be accepted online only.)
- Nominators may submit multiple nominations;.
- Individuals, organizations and businesses may not nominate themselves.
- Individuals, collectives of artists, organizations and businesses (both for profit and nonprofit) are elgible.
- Nominees must currently live or work in the central Ohio area.
- Winners will be announced on Oct. 14, 2020.
- Only online nominations will be accepted.
- Greater Columbus Arts Council staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.