Guidelines & Eligibility
The Greater Columbus Arts Council’s Community Arts Partnership Awards recognize the community’s crucial contributions to the arts, including financial support, non-cash contributions, volunteer involvement, leadership and board participation. The 2019 nomination deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 5 p.m.
There are six awards categories:
- Arts Educator
An individual who has made a significant contribution to making arts education opportunities available to students k-12 within a school system or in after-school programs or activities.
- Emerging Arts Leader
An individual 40 years of age or under who has had a significant, positive effect in helping the arts in Central Ohio flourish through their leadership, innovation, creativity and/or investment.
- Michael B. Coleman Arts Partner*
A civic, community or business leader who is a role model for long-term and exemplary support of the central Ohio arts and cultural community because of her or his significant contributions of time, effort and/or financial resources.
- Small Employer
A non-arts, for-profit or nonprofit, business or government entity with under 50 employees that has offered current, creative and innovative support to one or more arts organizations in greater Columbus throughout the past year.
- Medium Employer
A non-arts, for-profit or nonprofit, business or government entity with 51-500 employees that has offered current, creative and innovative support to one or more arts organizations in greater Columbus throughout the past year.
- Large Employer
A non-arts, for-profit or nonprofit, business or government entity with over 500 employees that has offered current, creative and innovative support to one or more arts organizations in greater Columbus throughout the past year.
Winners of the Arts Educator, Arts Leader and Arts Partner awards are announced prior to the event. Winners of the Large, Medium and Small Employer awards are announced at the luncheon.
Nominations will be judged by the Greater Columbus Arts Council board of trustees.
Please carefully read the guidelines below and have all the required information prepared before submitting your nomination.
- Nominations for all the employer awards are for activities that took place within the preceding calendar year.
- Nominators may submit multiple nominations; however, only one nomination per category will be accepted.
- Individuals and organizations may not nominate themselves.
- Arts organizations are not eligible for the employer awards.
- Nominees must currently live or work in the central Ohio area, or the work for which individuals and/or organizations are nominated must have impacted the arts in central Ohio.
- Winners for the Arts Educator, Emerging Arts Leader and Arts Partner awards will be announced in advance of the awards luncheon. Winners for the Small, Medium and Large Employer Awards will be announced during the luncheon event.
- Only nominations submitted through the Arts Council’s online system will be accepted.
- Greater Columbus Arts Council staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- At least one letter of support must be submitted with the nomination. Up to three letters of support will be accepted. All eligible letters of support must be submitted with the online nomination form. Letters of support will not be accepted after the nomination has been submitted.