Guidelines & Eligibility
The Greater Columbus Arts Council’s Community Arts Partnership Awards recognize the community’s crucial contributions to the arts. Following are the Guidelines and eligibility requirements for the 2021 Awards.
Arts Educator: An individual who has made a significant contribution to making arts education opportunities available to students K-12 within a school system or in after-school programs or activities.
Emerging Arts Leader: An individual 40 years of age or younger who has had a significant, positive effect in helping the arts in central Ohio flourish through leadership, innovation, creativity and/or investment.
Employer: A non-arts, for-profit or non-profit, business or government entity that has offered current, creative and innovative support to one or more arts organizations in greater Columbus since September 2019.
Dale E. Heydlauff Community Arts Innovation Award: A $2,500 award presented to an innovative arts and cultural project or initiative that has addressed the unprecedented and challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or social justice and equity efforts by creating something that helped lift up or provide relief to others in the community. Projects completed since September 2020 are eligible for this award.
The 2021 Michael B. Coleman Arts Partner will be presented to Marilyn Brown, who recently retired after more than 14 years of service as a Franklin County Commissioner.
Nominations for the Columbus Makes Art Excellence Awards are for nonprofit organizations and projects funded by the Arts Council and are by invitation only.
Nominations will be reviewed and award recipients selected by the Greater Columbus Arts Council Board of Trustees.
Please carefully read the guidelines below and have all the required information prepared before submitting your nomination.
- Nominators may submit multiple nominations.
- Individuals, organizations and businesses may not nominate themselves for the Arts Educator, Emerging Arts Leader or Employer awards. Self-nominations are allowed for the Dale E. Heydlauff Community Arts Innovation Award.
- Individuals, collectives of artists, organizations and businesses (both for profit and nonprofit) are eligible.
- Nominees must currently live or work in the central Ohio area.
- Only online nominations will be accepted.
- Greater Columbus Arts Council staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- Deadline for nominations is Thursday, September 16 at 5 p.m.